Know All About FSSAI License in Bangalore India
The FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India) is an independent organization that has been created under the aegis of the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare of the government of India. The body has been set up as per the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006. This particular act can be regarded as a sort of consolidated statute that deals with food regulation and safety in the country.
The main responsibility of FSSAI is to make sure public health is promoted and protected and it does so by supervising and regulating food safety. It was established during August 2011 and its head offices are at New Delhi. In a nutshell, it is responsible for making sure that the billions of people in India are getting food that is healthy and wholesome in the truest sense of the term.
Why is FSSAI registration required?
Since the FSSAI deals with exclusively food safety and standards; you must need its certification in order to convince your customers that you can be trusted with what you are doing. The FSSAI puts the standards based on scientific research and development or food science particularly for food items.
And as an independent body, it facilitates food safety, and regulates critical areas of your business such as manufacture, sale, storage, import, and distribution of food.
This is why having its certification means you are sorted in these areas and there is no reason to doubt your quality as a provider of food-based products and services. It is an industry norm that you would have to adhere to.
What are the different types and categories of FSSAI licenses in India?
FSSAI normally issues 3 kinds of licenses. These are –
- FSSAI Registration Central License
- FSSAI Registration State License
- Basic FSSAI Registration License
The FSSAI Registration for Central License is normally meant for the following entities:
- 100 per cent export-oriented units
- Large scale manufacturers
- Companies that work with the central government organizations
- Premises in airports
- Premises seaports
The central license is normally issued by the national government. Food business operators (FBOs) need to get a central license if they have a head office and operate in more than a state in India. It is primarily for units whose income is in excess of INR 20 crore in a year. At the very least such a license comes with a tenure of a year and at the most it is available for 5 years.
The FSSAI Registration for State License is meant for the following kinds of FBOs:
- Small and medium manufacturers
- Food operator units serving under Central Government agencies like Railways, Airports, Seaports, Defence and etc.
- Storage units
As the name would state these licenses are provided by the government of the state where you wish to work. In order to obtain such a license, it is absolutely necessary that you work in only one state and not more than that. This license is primarily for units that earn in excess of INR 12 lakh a year. The minimum tenure of this license is a year and at the most it can be stretched to 5 years.
The FSSAI Registration license is meant for the FBOs that happen to be at the absolute bottom of the pyramid. Some of the examples in this case may be mentioned as below:
- Small manufacturers
- Storage units
- Boarding houses serving food
- Dabba Wallas
This particular license too is issued by the state government department. However, the kind of license that gets allotted to you would depend on what you are considered to be eligible for. It is meant primarily for units that earn less than INR 12 lakh a year. The minimum tenure of this license is a year and at the most it can get up to 5 years.
Look over here the chart which states the turnover limits for FSSAI license:
|Types of License||Recommended Annual Turnover|
|Basic Registration||Below Rs. 12 lakh|
|State Registration||Above Rs. 12 lakh & Below Rs. 20 crore|
|Central Registration||Above Rs. 20 crore|
Who should have to get a FSSAI license?
As has been stated above if you are in the business of food in India in some way or the other you have to get this license. It does not really matter as to what kind of capacity you are involved in the same you have to get it.
It has also been said already that having this license means that you are an authentic business entity who can be trusted to provide the very best quality of food and related products to people that are paying for the same.
It basically separates you from the illegitimate service providers in this regard.
What are the benefits of getting an FSSAI license?
There are 4 major benefits of getting an FSSAI license –
- You are able to generate awareness about your products and services among the consumers. Because eating the right food and staying healthy is the first priority of FSSAI “Eat Right Movement”.
- You get the legal benefits to your food business, the consumers trust on your food and believe that your food is safety and healthy.
- You get the permission to use the FSSAI logo in menu card and FSSAI number also in packaged food items.
- You can also expand your business a lot easily compared to what may have been possible otherwise.
Consumers have nowadays become extremely aware and informed and this also extends to the food that they are eating. As has been said already with an FSSAI license you can let the people know that they can trust what you are offering.
What are the documents needed to get an FSSAI license?
In order to get an FSSAI license you normally need to provide the following documents:
- Completed and signed copy of Form B
- Partnership deed, certificate of incorporation, articles of association, or any other similar document that may be applicable for you
- Photo identity of the FBO
- List of food products that you are trying to deal with
- Proof that you possess business premises – you can furnish documents such as rental agreement
- Management plan to ensure that your food products would be safe for the buyers
In case of the national license you would have to provide the following along with the above mentioned documents:
- Plan of processing unit with dimensions and area allocated for each operation
- NOC (no objection certificate) or PA from the FSSAI
- List of directors, partners, or owners along with their address, photo ID, and contact details
- IE code document from the DGFT (Directorate General of Foreign Trade)
- List with name of equipment and machineries being used with installed capacity and number
- Form IX
- Authority letter from the makers nominating a responsible person with his name and address
- Certificate from Ministry of Tourism
- Analysis report of water to be used
- Copy of license and NOC from the makers
- Source of raw materials
- NOC from local administrative bodies
- Recall plan
- Document that provides proof of transportation and turnover
- Certificate from Ministry of Commerce for 100 per cent EOU (export-oriented units)
- Declaration form
If you wish to obtain the state license you need to provide these documents with the exception of the penultimate point. Instead you need to provide copy of the certificate provided as per the Coop Act 1861 or the Multi state Coop Act 2002.
How to apply for an FSSAI license in Bangalore?
In order to start this particular process, you need to submit application “Form-A” for Basic Registration and “Form-B” for both State & Central Registration to the relevant Food and Safety Department. The department may either accept the application or reject it within a period of 7 days. No matter what the decision is you would be informed in writing. In case your application meets with approval you would get a registration certificate from the department. It will contain your registration number as well as your photo.
For this FSSAI license and registration, you can find there are numerous agencies are available to you in Bangalore and also other part in India; you can contact them to obtain your FSSAI license certificate otherwise we can help you in this matter to get your registration done.
We are a leading company registration consultant agency in Bangalore; value your business and are always happy to serve you.
Expiry and Renewal of FSSAI license
Normally the certificate of FSSAI license is valid from 1 year to 5 years. But it depends upon you how many years of term you’ve chosen for your food business and according to that you have to renew your license.
Before expiry of food license, it is essential that the FBOs are need to be renewed their license to avoid the penalties.
As per the guidelines mentioned by the FSSAI; you need to apply for renewal of license a minimum of 30 days prior to the date when the license is about to expire. If you do not do so, your license will lapse and a penalty would be levied on you. Normally, the penalty for each day is INR 100.
The process to be followed for renewal is the same as it happened at the time when you obtained it. The documents needed in these cases are the same as well.